What is CMS Report Audit – Why are CCOs adopting it?
Tuesday, January 18, 2022 (11 AM, EST)
Tuesday, January 25, 2022 (1 PM, EST)
Why are CCOs demanding spend audit before attesting their CMS reports?
Increasingly CCOs are requesting audits of the spend reports before attesting the report. Independent quality checks of financial reports is a long-standing protocol commonly called a financial audit.
- How does one Quality Assure the CMS transparency report?
- Why are CCOs and CFOs demanding them?
- What are some of the recent DOJ and CMS audit actions? How to avoid attracting those audits?
Hear panelists share guidance on:
- Their experience with spend audits.
- Dos and Don’ts of spend audit.
- ROI, costs, duration and benefits of audits.
- Panel discussion on road blocks, securing support and ensuring value from such audits.
What are some features of such audits:
- Verifying Source Transactions
- Outlier Analysis
- Speaker Program & OIG Fraud Alert Risk Analysis
- Data Benchmarking
- Physician & Teaching Hospital Detail Verification
- Use of smart tools, and smart Analytics to tame the information volume
- Use of Monitoring methods to spot errors
Date: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022
Time: 11:00 AM EST
Date: Tuesday, January 25th, 2022
Time: 1:00 PM EST
Direcor, Vector Health
20 years of experience in compliance. Formerly with Genentech
Director, Vector Health
30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Formerly with Wyeth, Eisai and Otsuka
Compliance Ops & Transparency Reporting Manager, Alexion Pharma
Compliance only collects and reports the data, the departments are accountable for the actual transactions. However, we have a need for detailed analytical data and control possibly through monitoring
Director, Sunovion Pharma
We engage colleagues in Spend Report assembly who have background in accounting, finance and data analytics; and audit our data regularly throughout the year.
Sr. Director Legal and Compliance, Avadel Pharma
Size and resources of the organization plays a key role in the approach to transparency report attestation.
Partner, Liles Parker PLLC
The attestation is a team effort and one would recommend some kind of third party or internal audit given the risk and complexity.